INTERESTED IN MMA TRAINING, BUT NOT EXACTLY SURE HOW TO GET STARTED?
Read every word below to learn to the proper approach to getting started in MMA (mixed martial arts) training and how Orange County Jiu-Jitsu & MMA will give you a FREE 30 Day Trial to get started the proper way.
First off, MMA is not a martial arts style, it is a sport like football, soccer, or baseball. The UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) is the premier mixed martial arts organization, like the NFL, NBA, and NHL are to their respective sports. MMA is comprised of several different martial arts style such as Muay Thai, boxing, wrestling, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
What are the best styles for MMA?
Well, the best styles for MMA are Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, boxing, wrestling, Judo, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. In the early days of the UFC, backs in the 1990′s other styles such as karate and Taekwondo were represented in the UFC, but along with other styles were quickly “weeded out” in this realistic-based setting and only the practical styles mentioned above remained. Overall, styles such as Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, and wrestling have surged in popularity because their practicality was not debated, but proven through open challenges such as the UFC and Gracie Challenge.
Overview of the best martial arts styles to mix for MMA:
Striking: Muay Thai and boxing
Takedowns: Wrestling and Judo
Ground: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
The best MMA Training for beginners in Orange County, CA
There are a few things for beginners to keep in mind when looking for a good MMA gym in Orange County, California for them to start their initial training.
1. Do they have beginners classes for each style which give you a fundamental base in each focus- striking, takedowns, and the ground game.
2. Warning: Do they teach you to mix striking, takedowns, and the ground game together in the initial stages of your training. If so they are essentially teaching you to mix sloppy striking with sloppy takedowns, and sloppy ground game. You will have a base in nothing.
If you are a beginner or have never trained mixed martial arts take the opportunity to learn the right way at a MMA gym in Orange County, California and want a FREE 30 Day Trial call us to get started at 949.951.4796 or follow the steps below.
To get started in MMA the right way:
1. Fill out the form for a FREE 30 Day Trial at the top right side of the website.
2. First, we will set you up with a FREE consultation to discuss your specific goals.
3. Second we will give you a FREE introductory private lesson to learn basic techniques and positions.
4. Lastly we will get you setup with a customized schedule which works for you.
To get started on a 30 Day FREE trial call today us at 949.951.4796 .